Below are some of our recent programs. To see our regularly scheduled programs, click here.
Attendance at library events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in our print and/or electronic publicity for the Ellsworth Public Library
- Knitting Group meetings for May Come knit, crochet, or spin with us on the first and third Saturday of each month. Join us at the Ellsworth Public Library, at 10:00 a.m. in the Knitting Nook (3rd floor). The dates of the May meetings are: 5/6, 5/13. Knitters, spinners, and crocheters of all levels are welcome! For more information, call the library at 667-6363.
- The Reading Pros meet Friday, May 5 Have you ever wondered what people in Australia eat for dinner? The Reading Pros will find out at this month's book club meeting! Anyone in grades 3-5 is welcome to join on Friday, May 5 from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. to discuss What the World Eats. If you have any questions about this program, please call ...
- Ellsworth Chess Club Meetings – May The Ellsworth Chess Club, hosted by Dick Powell, meets weekly on Thursdays at 6:00pm at the Ellsworth Public Library. Visitors and new people are welcome. The dates of the May meetings are as follows: 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, 5/25. If there are any question please call the library at 667-6363
- Book – A- Month Club – Thursday, May 4th The Book - A - Month Club will be held in the Riverview room from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 4th, at 6:00 pm. The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson will be discussed. For more information, call the library at 667-6363. The author will not be present.
- PJ Storytimes on Wednesday nights in May Join us on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for PJ Storytime. If you have questions about this program, please call the library (667-6363) or contact Youth Services.
- Tightwads Meeting May 3rd Join others who are looking for ways to save money, stretch the budget, and share frugal ideas. This is a brown bag meeting, so feel free to bring your lunch. Meet in the Riverview Room at the Ellsworth Public Library Wednesday, May 3rd from Noon – 1:00 p.m. For more information, call the library at 667-6363.
- Tuesday Readers Book Group May 2nd “The Tuesday Readers” is a book discussion group at Ellsworth Public Library. We will meet first Tuesday of each month at 2:00 pm. James Higgins, Special Services Librarian, will facilitate these discussions. The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson will be discussed in May. Coffee, tea, and refreshments will be served. The author will not be ...
- Meet and Greet With the New Library Director May 4th Join us on Thursday May 4th 5-7pm on the main floor for a Meet and Greet with our new Library Director Amy Wisehart. Refreshments will be served. for more information call the library at 667-6363.
- Puppet workshop 4/21/17 Join us for the monthly Puppet Workshop on Friday, April 21 from 2:00-3:30 p.m. All school age children are welcome to attend. If you have questions about this program, please call the library (667-6363) or contact Youth Services.
- PJ Storytimes in April Join us for PJ Storytime in April! If you have questions about this program, please call the library (667-6363)