Ellsworth Public Library is looking forward to welcoming patrons back into the building on July 1 with safety procedures in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are also continuing to offer curbside pickup for patrons and are excited to offer a virtual summer reading program.
Please follow us on Facebook and check out our website for more information (www.ellsworthlibrary.net). Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 667-6363.
FAQs about re-opening
What do I need to know before I visit the library?
We are looking forward to welcoming patrons back into the building. The front door (on State Street) is the main entrance. The back entrance is handicap accessible. If you would like to use the back door to enter the library, please call us ahead of time (667-6363) and let us know what time you plan to arrive. Curbside pickup will still be located near the back door.
There are new safety procedures in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19:
- Patrons will be required to wear a face covering at all times during the library visit.
- Patrons will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands when they arrive.
- There will be a limit of 10 patrons in the building at a time. You may be asked to wait in line before you are able to enter the building.
- Patrons will be encouraged to limit their visit to 30 minutes.
- At this time, the second floor is not available to patrons. If you would like something from the Adult Non-fiction or Young Adult collections, please ask a librarian for assistance.
- Certain areas of the library will not be accessible during the first stage of reopening, including Adult Non-fiction, Youth Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, and the boat room. Librarians can provide assistance retrieving materials from these areas.
- The restrooms on the lower level will be available to patrons. The restroom in the children’s room is not available at this time.
- We are encouraging patrons to check out magazines (including the current issue) to read at home instead of reading them in the library and returning them to the shelves. This will ensure that the returned magazines will go into quarantine before returning to the shelves.
- Newspapers will be available to read in the library. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to disinfect them, so please use them at your own risk.
What if I can’t wear a mask due to a medical condition?
We understand that some patrons are not able to wear a mask, but we are requiring every patron who chooses to enter the building to protect themselves and others by wearing a face covering. If you cannot wear a mask or face covering, please call the library (667-6363) to make an appointment to pick up your materials using our curbside pickup service.
Which services are available?
- Browse the stacks and choose your next stack of books, movies, and magazines to take home. Please note that certain collections (Adult non-fiction, Youth Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, and Picture Books are not accessible at this time. Please ask a librarian if you would like something from these collections).
- Public computer use by appointment. This service is for adults only during this time.
- Printing, copying, scanning, and faxing
How can I make an appointment to use the computers?
To make an appointment to use a computer, please call the library (667-6363) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Computers will be available for 30 minute appointments.
Which services are on hold for now?
In person programs are currently on hold to prevent too many people from gathering in a small space. The genealogy collection is not currently available to patrons, but library staff are happy to assist with reference questions. We are still offering virtual programs online and are excited to offer a virtual summer reading program. More details are coming soon. Please follow Ellsworth Public Library on Facebook and check our website for more information as it becomes available.
It is also not advisable to spend long periods of time in the building. We are asking patrons to limit their visit to 30 minutes, so we won’t be able to accommodate people looking for a place to study or work for long periods of time.
I just want to pick up my materials? What should I do?
If you would prefer not to come in the building, we are still offering curbside pickup. Once you receive a notification that your materials are ready to be picked up, please call the library (667-6363) to schedule an appointment. For more information about curbside pickup, please click here.
I need to use the wifi. Do I need to come into the building to do this?
The wifi extends around the building, so you should be able to use it on the front lawn and in the library’s parking lot. The network is eplguest and there is no password required. The wifi is on all the time (even when the library isn’t open), so feel free to stop by and use it, keeping in mind the need for social distancing during this time.
When will you be loosening your restrictions?
We are closely monitoring the public health information, as well as guidance from the Maine CDC and the state library. We hope to loosen some of our restrictions as soon as it is safe to do so in accordance with state guidelines.
I have another question. How can I contact a librarian?
We want to hear from you! Please feel free to give us a call (667-6363) or email us (email@example.com) and a librarian will get back to you as soon as possible.