Ellsworth Public Library regularly hosts the following programs, which are separated below by the age groups they serve:
Ages: 2 and 5 year olds
Storytime for 2 to 5 year olds meets Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. Children and their guardians are welcome to sing songs, listen to two stories and complete a craft.
All ages: Pajama Storytime
On Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. children of all ages and their guardians are welcome to come hear a story.
All ages: Special storytime
A special storytime is offered one Saturday a month for all ages. Please check the library’s calendar for more dates and times for these events.
Programs for school age children
• The Reading Pros (a book club for readers in grades 3-5) meet the first Friday of the month from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. to discuss a book, participate in book themed activities, eat snacks, and have fun. Books are provided by the library.
• Legos @ the Library meets the second Friday of the month from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. Children of all ages are welcome to meet other Lego enthusiasts and build something with the library’s Legos. Small Lego creations will be put on display.
• Puppets meets one Friday a month from 2:00 to 3:30. Please check the library’s calendar for specific dates for each month. School age children are invited to make a puppet and learn how
• The Bibliophile Read-a-force (a library group for students in grades 6-8) meets one Friday a month from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. Please check the library’s calendar for specific dates for each month. Middle school students are welcome to share their thoughts on books they have read, brainstorm ideas for programs, collaborate on projects, eat snacks, and have fun.
• The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) meets one Wednesday afternoon a month from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Please check the library’s calendar for specific dates for each month. All high school students are welcome to join TAB to share their opinion about books, music, movies, and how to improve library services for teens. TAB meetings count as one hour of community service for EHS students.
• One teen program is offered per month on a Wednesday evening. Please check the library’s calendar for specific times and dates for these events.
• The Tuesday Readers meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. To learn more about this group and to see which books they are reading this year, please visit the Reader’s Corner.
• “Tightwad Exchange” meets the first Wednesday of the month from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Join others who are looking for ways to save money, stretch the budget, and share frugal ideas. This is a brown bag meeting, so feel free to bring your lunch.
• The Adult Book Group meets the first Thursday evening of the month from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. To learn more about this group and to see which books they are reading this year, please visit the Reader’s Corner.
• The Knitting Group meets every Saturday from 10:00 to 12:00 p.m. Knitters and crocheters of all levels are welcome!
• The Caregivers’ Group meets the first Tuesday of the month from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. Join us for coffee, conversation, education and support with Dottie VanHorn, LSW, from the Eastern Area Agency on Aging.
• The Writer’s Group meets the third Thursday of the month from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. New and experienced writers are invited to gather and share ideas. The group offers friendly critique, encouragement, resources, and writing prompts.
• The Chess Club meets every Thursday evening at 6:00 p.m. New members are welcome.
• In addition to the monthly adult programs, special programs, such as author talks, guest speakers, and workshops are also offered throughout the month. Please check the library’s calendar for dates and times for these events. To see recent programs, visit our programs page.