How will Curbside Pickup work?
- To request materials, please use the catalog to reserve your materials or call the library (667-6363).
- If you receive phone call notifications from the library, a librarian will call you to set up an appointment to pick up your materials. If you receive email or text message notifications, you will receive a message to ask you to call the library to set up an appointment.
- If possible, when you arrive, please call the library (667-6363) to let us know you’re here. If you don’t have a cell phone, but can call us from your house, please give us a call before you leave to let us know you’re on your way.
- Please drive or walk down behind the library to pick up your materials at the designated appointment time. If you’re driving, please park in a parking space to ensure that there is enough room near the back door for people to pick up and drop off materials.
- There will be a table set up by the back door for pick-up. Please be prompt to ensure the area is free from other patrons when it’s time to pick up your materials. Please be aware that our book drop is also in this location. If you see another person around the table when you are starting to approach, please wait and maintain social distancing (at least 6 feet) at all times.
- Your items will be waiting for you in a bag with your last name on it. They will already be checked out on your card. Take the bag with your name on it and enjoy the library materials!
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the library building be open to patrons?
To maximize safety for library patrons and staff, the building will not be open to the public until Stage 3 of the state’s reopening plan, currently projected to begin in July.
How many books and DVDs can we take out at a time?
We’re asking patrons to reserve up to 20 books and 10 DVDs at a time for curbside pick-up. This ensures that orders can be filled promptly and that other patrons have an opportunity to borrow materials.
I have materials currently sitting on the reserve shelf. When can I pick them up?
A librarian will be in touch with you soon to set up an appointment for early June to pick up your materials.
I have materials out now. Can I return them?
Yes, the back book drop and media drops are open for returns.
I’ve had my materials out for a long time. Will I have fines?
No. All library fines will be waived for a period of six months to streamline service and ease financial burden during the pandemic.
I returned my library materials in your book drop. Why are they still showing as checked out on my account?
To ensure the safest possible material handling, we are quarantining all returned items for seven days before checking them in. We won’t be charging overdue fines during this time.
I have books to donate to the library. When can I drop them off?
Since donated materials will need to be quarantined before volunteers can sort them, we are holding off on accepting donations. We will keep you posted when we’re ready to accept them!
I’m not planning to go out very much, but I’d still like to use library services. What can I do?
All library programs will continue to be offered virtually for the foreseeable future. Other digital services include ebooks, digital magazines, Acorn TV streaming video, and streaming music. Please click here for more information. Further information about library services will be posted on the library’s website and Facebook.
Requesting materials for curbside pickup
How can I apply for a library card?
We are currently accepting online applications for library cards. Visit the library’s catalog and click the “Sign-up now” link under the scrolling book covers to get started.
I don’t know my card number? How can I reserve materials?
Please call the library (667-6363) during business hours. A librarian will ask you to verify your account.
How do I reserve books online?
First, visit the library’s catalog and log in with your card number and password. Search for the materials you would like to borrow and click reserve for each material you would like to take out. When these items are available, you’ll get a notification from the library.
How long can I keep the materials?
Books will go out for 4 weeks and movies will go out for 2 weeks during this time.
I am not able to get out of my car to pick up the materials. Could a librarian bring them out to the car for me?
To ensure staff and patron safety, we are unable to bring books to the car. If you are physically unable to walk to your library’s entrance, please bring someone with you who can do it for you.
I am not able to make it to the library to pick up my materials. Could they be delivered to my house?
At this time, we are offering contactless curbside pick-up at the library. We may decide to offer homebound delivery in the future. Please call the library (667-6363) if you would like to be added to a list in case we offer this service at a later time.
How to contact the library
I have another question. Who should I contact?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 667-6363 and a librarian will reply as soon as possible.