The Ellsworth Public Library provides passes for some great museums in Maine. If you do not have a library card, all you need is something with your name and current mailing address to open an account.
Passes are available for the following museums:
Maine Discovery Museum (located in Bangor)
- The pass must be picked up on the day it will be used. The pass for Sunday may be given out on Saturday because the museum is open on Sunday but the library is not.
- You must have your library card (or photo ID) and the card must be in good standing to take out a pass.
- Reservations are not allowed for these passes. They are distributed on a “first come, first served” basis.
- The pass entitles the holder to FREE admission to the Maine Discovery Museum for two visits per day of up to four people OR one visit per day of up to eight people. Please check with a librarian about the current number of passes available for that day.
- Patrons may take out the pass once per month.
- This pass is provided by a donation from the Rotary Club of Ellsworth with a second pass provided by the Friends of the Library.
If you would like more information about the Maine Discovery Museum, please visit the Maine Discovery Museum website.
Maine State Museum (located in Augusta)
- The pass will admit up to four people.
- Only one pass per library card.
- You must present your valid library card (or photo ID) to receive a pass.
- The pass does not need to be picked up on the day it will be used, but you must know when you plan to visit the museum and that date will be filled out on the pass.
- These passes are for families or individuals only. Multiple copies of the pass may not be used for groups, such as scouts or camps.
If you would like more information about the Maine State Museum, please visit the Maine State Museum website.